Arthur Bartow has worked as a professional actor, producer and director. As actor, he portrayed over 70 roles on Broadway, off-Broadway, Las Vegas, touring, and stock. He holds an MFA from U. of Oklahoma.
- Artistic Director of the Drama Department at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Associate Director, Theatre Communications Group.
- Executive Vice President, Society of Stage Directors & Choreographers Foundation
- Chair, Theater Arts Recognition and Talent Search for National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts.
- Consultant: National Endowment for the Arts; La Jolla Playhouse; Charles Stewart Mott Foundation; Connecticut Commission on the Arts; Florida Professional Theatre Association; Opportunity Resources for the Arts; McKnight Fellowships at The Playwrights’ Center, Minneapolis; various theatres.
- Chair, New York State Council on the Arts Theatre and the Performing Arts for the Media panels.
- Artistic Director, New Playwrights’ Theatre, Washington DC, Helen Hayes Award for Elizabeth Swados’s The Beautiful Lady.
- Artistic Director, Theatre of the Riverside Church, New York, producing the premiere of Miguel Piñero’s Short Eyes and the New York premiere of Eric Bentley’s Are You Now or Have You Ever Been.
- Co-produced Dennis McIntyre’s Modigliani, Astor Place Theatre.
|Actor||Most Dangerous Man in America||2014-15 Season|
|Actor||Conflict of Interest||2000-01 Season|